Promotion of Research and Facilities :
The University provides all necessary infrastructural facilities and a conducive environment to promote research activity in the University. At JNTUK, research is promoted at department levels through curriculum-based undergraduate, and postgraduate research projects and internship projects. An exclusive directorate for Research and development has been functional from the year 2008. The Directorate of Research and Development was established to promote research activities of JNTU Kakinada, to obtain funds from UGC, DST, AICTE, and other Government organizations/Research organizations/ Autonomous organizations, and to encourage sponsored research activity by interaction with Industries / Premier educational and Research institutes/organizations. The directorate also monitors and administers the research programs of Ph.D. offered by the University in various disciplines.
The University provides support for research projects through Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha
Abhiyan (RUSA) Project.
To encourage research culture in the University, all the Internal Regular Faculty or Assistant Professors (contract) of JNTUK, whose services are continued in JNTUK and its constituent colleges until completion of their Ph.D., a nominal tuition fee amount of Rs.5,000 per year is being collected.
JNTUK offers Doctoral programs in eleven disciplines. The university has recognized a few Research centers in the affiliated colleges for conducting Ph.D. programs.
To enhance the Quality of Research the following quality initiatives are being followed
• A Common Research Admissions Test (RCET) has been conducted for admission into various research programs of all the Universities of the State.
• Admissions will be made by the Directorate of Admissions and final selection to research programs will be intimated to the candidates.
• List of qualified candidates (discipline-wise) has been shared with the University by the Convener
• All the qualified candidates who opted for JNTUK, Kakinada shall be called for an interview.
• Candidates shall be admitted to the Ph.D. program based on merit in written tests and interviews. Candidates who have qualified in the UGC/CSIR/NET/SLET examinations are exempted from appearing in the written test.
• However, they have to attend the interview.
• All the research scholars registered must clear the Research Methodology subject which could also cover areas such as Quantitative methods, computer applications, research ethics and review of published research in the relevant field, training, fieldwork, etc. for 100 marks.
• Ethics in conducting research and Anti-Plagiarism checks are given importance.
• Minimum two research publications for Ph.D. are mandatory.
• They should be in Science Citation Index Journals or journals having impact factors from Thomson Reuters that are mandatory from the research contributed.
• Otherwise, the publications should be in the list of journals specified in the list given on the UGC website and other journals suggested by the respective Board of Studies.
• Panel of Examiners for the Ph.D. thesis may be recommended by the Supervisor & Co-Supervisor in a sealed cover.
• Minimum 9 Examiners have to be recommended by the Supervisor and Co-Supervisor.
• Names of 3 Examiners will be recommended either by Chairman, BOS, or Nominee by Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor.
• Out of them, three Examiners are from reputed premier institutes, viz., IITs?/IIMs?/IISc/ISI, Kolkata, etc., three Examiners are from NITs?/ Central Universities, etc., three Examiners are from State Universities (Including other state universities and National Research Centers).
An exclusive directorate “Directorate of Empowerment of Women and Grievances” was established by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada to empower and safeguard the rights of female fraternity of the University. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada provides the following
facilities for the safety and security of girl student.
1.Well-trained and vigilant women security guards stationed across the campus.
2.Security checkpoints at all campus entries and exits.
3.CC camera surveillance campus.
4.Extensive surveillance network with 24×7 monitored control rooms.
5.Rotational duty by all faculty members for discipline and security.
JNTUK supports two best practices as:
1. Conduct of University Examinations through electronic distribution of question papers by ensuring Confidentiality, Speed and Security among the number of students in JNTUK.
2. Contribution to Society Through Extension or Research: Innovation and Incubation Culture in University.
• For differently disabled students, our Institution has provided basic amenities such as ramps, wheel chairs, etc. The students of the college also take active part in community service in and outside the college, which helps the students to develop a compassionate attitude towards others.