The University is primarily promoting quality of education in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Management (STEM) as four academic pillars of education, to excel in teaching, learning, research, consultancy, and placements through innovative practices with a global perspective.
The University is moving forward with a mission of promoting excellence, access, inclusion, and relevance in quality in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Management, namely
- Design an Industry relevant curriculum from time to time with a Global perspective.
- Promoting quality education by embracing ICT delivery mechanism with continuous pedagogy through e-learning mechanism.
- Spread across for industry collaborations with a focus on pre-training and placements for technology transfer to society.
- Establishing centers of excellence to promote research and innovations in multidisciplinary areas to bring in patent culture and consultancy practices.
- International Collaborations for student outreach Facilitating international students to study in JNTUK to infuse cross-culture learning practices.
Academic Excellence, Research & Innovation, People Technology & Creativity, Social & Environmental Responsibility, Human & Intellectual Knowledge.
The University instills the thought that it is fully capable of orienting knowledge and information in a scientific manner in the minds of the young people. JNTUK aims at helping the students population avail quality education with latest technologies in an IT-savvy environment and core engineering industries. It gives the students an opportunity to study the subject they want. They can choose from numerous undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctoral programs of different disciplines like Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Food Technology, Biotechnology etc.. Interactive classrooms, well equipped laboratories, sports facility of national standards, natural beauty, places with spiritual essence and the entire site filled with artifacts not only provide the best learning platform to the students but also ensures that they are made.
The Vision, Mission, Goals and Objectives reflect the nature of Governance and decision making of the University. The Governance of the institution is carried out with the support of statutory bodies constituted as per the state university norms. The participation of Teachers at different administrative tasks and actions is quite effective as expressive from that the Head of Institution with a great level of satisfaction whilst this decentralized Governance is easing out the responsibilities.
JNTUK has formulated a comprehensive and progressive two-decade strategic plan, in tune with its Vision and Mission, to become a leading teaching-cum-research Institute through a standard system of education, with more emphasis on fundamentals, after an exhaustive self-examination by all its stakeholders, including external experts from HEIs. Smooth functioning of any institution depends on the resolutions and minutes discussed in respective bodies/ cells/ committees. The University has constituted different cells and committees for the successful implementation of the resolutions. JNTUK provides welfare measures for the benefit of the faculty and the supporting staff. The IQAC directorate along with the Directorate of Academic Planning within the University monitors and reviews the Teaching-
Learning process regularly. Further, for the development of the institution in respect of quality enhancement, value addition and sustainability, the conceptual ideas obtained from the stakeholders are analyzed and synthesized and formulated, which in turn tailored to requirements.
An exclusive directorate “Directorate of Empowerment of Women and Grievances” was established by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada to empower and safeguard the rights of female fraternity of the University. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada provides the following
facilities for the safety and security of girl student.
1.Well-trained and vigilant women security guards stationed across the campus.
2.Security checkpoints at all campus entries and exits.
3.CC camera surveillance campus.
4.Extensive surveillance network with 24×7 monitored control rooms.
5.Rotational duty by all faculty members for discipline and security.
JNTUK supports two best practices as:
1. Conduct of University Examinations through electronic distribution of question papers by ensuring Confidentiality, Speed and Security among the number of students in JNTUK.
2. Contribution to Society Through Extension or Research: Innovation and Incubation Culture in University.
• For differently disabled students, our Institution has provided basic amenities such as ramps, wheel chairs, etc. The students of the college also take active part in community service in and outside the college, which helps the students to develop a compassionate attitude towards others.