Dr. G.V.R. Prasada Raju M.E., Ph.D., FIE., FIGS.
Professor In-charge of IQAC & RUSA Coordinator
Professor of Civil Engineering, UCEK
Former Registrar, Principal and EC Member
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada
Kakinada-533003. East Godavari District, A.P. India.
Phone: Off: 0884-2342112
Dr. G.V.R. Prasada Raju has more than 30 years of experience in teaching and research. He is an expert in Expansive Soils. He produced 7 Ph.D’s and guiding 9 Ph.D scholars. He held different positions like Head of the Department, Vice-Principal, Controller of Examinations, Director of Academic Audit, Director of Academic Planning, Officer on Special Duty (OSD), Registrar and Principal & Executive Council Member for JNTUK Kakinada during his career. He published more than 100 technical papers in National and International Journals and Conferences. He was the Convener PGECET for two times and also Convener for APGENCO & APTRANSCO. He achieved the State Level Best Teacher Award for the year 2016 and got a prestigious Crop’s of Engineers Award constituted by Institute of Engineers Journal. He involved in many challenging consultancy projects and presented the papers/chaired the technical secessions at National/International Level. Being Chairman / Organizing Secretary he has conducted six seminars / conferences.
Roles and responsibilities of the directorate or department.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- d) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- e) Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- f) Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- g) Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- h) Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- i) Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.