Dr. G.V.S.R DEEKSHITULU M.Sc., Ph.D., M.I.S.T.E.
Director –Faculty Development Centre
Professor of Mathematics, UCEK & Chairman Board of Studies Mathematics
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada
Kakinada-533003. East Godavari District, A.P. India.
Dr. G.V.S.R Deekshitulu has more than 21 years of experience in teaching and 24 years of research experience. He is an expert in differential equations, time scales, fractional differential and difference equations. He produced 3 Ph.D’s and guiding 7 Ph.D scholars. He held different positions like Head of the Department of Mathematics, Chairman- Board of Studies, Officer–In charge of Hostels, Additional Controller of examinations- PG courses, JNTUK. He published nearly 45 research papers in International Journals of repute. He is reviewer for many international journals. He authored chapters in books, chaired the technical sessions at National/International level in India and abroad.
Roles and responsibilities of the directorate or department.
- The Faculty are the most important stake holders who can bring in the desired change and sustain the quality in technical education
- A good teacher can mould a good student and the quality imparted to a teacher will reflect in the quality of the students.
- The University being the provider of Technical education owns the responsibility of appropriately designing the means and methods through which the competencies of the teachers can be enhanced
- The creation of Faculty Development Centre under a separate directorate by JNTUK amply reflects the lead taken by it in sharing responsibility with the Regulators and the Facilitators of Technical education to address the quality concerns.
- Faculty Development Center plays an important role in enhancing the quality of Teachers and institutions in the process of accreditation by National and International agencies.