Dr. L. Sumalatha B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D, FIETE, Sr.MIEEE, MCSI, MIE, MISC
Director Industry Institute Interaction Placements & Skill Development
Professor of Computer Science & Engineering, UCEK (A)
Chairman Board of Studies Computer Science & Engineering
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK),
Phone: 0884 2300944(O)
Dr. L.Sumalatha has over 18 years of teaching experience in Computer Science & Engineering Department at University College of Engineering Kakinada. Currently she is the Director for Industry Institute Interaction Placements & Skill Development, Chairman Board of Studies for Computer Science & Engineering, Chief Coordinator SDC, DMC Coordinator (i/c). She is a ‘University Innovation Fellow – Stanford University, CA, USA’, Research Lead of AI Platoon research group with leading india. ai- AI & Deep Learning research initiative. She is the president for Institute of Innovation Council associated with MHRDs Innovation Council.
She has served the department as Head of the Department (CSE) twice. She is an active researcher, guided 2 Ph.Ds and currently guiding 10 Ph.D research scholars. Her areas of interests are Network Security, Natural Language Processing, Data Mining & Image Processing. She published 30 research papers in National/International Journals & Conferences. She is a Senior Member of IEEE, Fellow IETE, Member of Institute of Engineers and Member of Computer Society of India. She is recipient of College Best Teacher award in the year 2006.
Roles and responsibilities of the directorate:
- Nurturing cordial relationship with the Industries, invite them for Campus recruitment drives, internship, organizing technical seminars, workshops and other technical sessions.
- Inviting Industry personnel periodically to enrich the knowledge base of student’s community with the latest technological innovations and industry practices.
- Developing strategies for student internships and placements
- Organizing specialist training programmes to students in order to improve their employability
- Organizing campus interviews for students
- Coordinating with members of the Faculty for Career Advice
- Organizing Career Advice sessions from specialist invitees.
- Conducting Skill Development programmes for students.