Dr. A. Gopala Krishna B.Tech., M.Tech., Ph.D, MISTE, MIE
Professor In charge of Design Innovation Centre
Email : email@example.com
Dr. A. Gopala Krishna is currently holding the additional charge as Professor-in charge of Design Innovation Centre. He is Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Previously he discharged the additional duties as Director (Design Innovation Centre), Head of Nanotechnology and Head of Aviation Engineering.
His research areas include the broad specturum of Mechnaical Engineering and the multi-disciplinary applications. He has got international reputation in the areas of Nanomaterials, machining, welding, tolerances, optimization, and finite element methods. He has published nearly 150 papers and a couple of patents. His papers posses a high citation index. He has published significant number of papers in the leading journals such as Spinger-Verlog, Elsevier, Taylor-Francis, Sage publishers, etc. He is a reviewer and editorial board member of international journals of repute. He is the winner of “Best Researcher Award” from JNTUK. The award was presented to him in the university decennial celebrations.
He has produced 12 Ph.Ds and nearly 20 researchers are working for their Ph.Ds under his guidance. Scientists from defence organizations such as Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd., DRDL, ISRO are working under his guidance.
He delivered the Keynote lecture and Chaired a session in the international conference on “Advances in Materials and Manufacturing Processes” held in Paris, France in the month of August 2016. He has reviewed four prestigious books on manufacturing engineering published by Mc-Graw Hill publishers and Oxford University Press publsihers. He has delivered manifold expert lectures in several premium academic institutes and R & D organizations.
He has brought massive external funding to the university in the form of his R & D projects. To testify that he has carried out a half a dozen DRDO projects and the projects are directly connected to the cruise surface-to-air missiles made by the Indian defence. He was invited thrice to deliver the expert lectures in the workshops exclusively meant for DRDO scientists across the country.
He was also intrumental in getting the prestigeous project, “National Initiative for Design Innovation”, from Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi. The project has the funding of Rs.10crores. He has authored a text book about Nanotechnoogy. He has adjudicated the M.Tech and the Ph.D theses of different universities and a member of Board of Studies for several premium academic institutes
About the Directorate (Design Innovation Centre)
- Design Innovation Centre was granted by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi under the scheme “National Initiative for Deign Innovation” to facilitate design-focused research.
- An MOU was made on 23rd March 2016 between the Registrar of JNTUK and the then president of the India acting through the Joint Secretary, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
Roles and responsibilities of the directorate:
The directorate is primarily intended to promote the culture of innovations. Specifically it is aimed to
- Bring into light the innate creative thinking of students
- Facilitate an ecosystem for the students to transform their innovative ideas into products and
- To offer technical knowledge and knowhow to industries.
Objectives of DIC
- Brings into light the innate creative thinking of students
- Facilitates an ecosystem for students and faculty to transform their innovative ideas into products.
- Also offers technical competence to industries.
- JNTUK is among the top 20 institutes across India to get this prestigious project.
- The project has the funding of Rs.10 crores and gets continued till March, 2020.
- An amount of Rs.5 crores has been already sanctioned for the project.
- There are 3 collaborators for the project, viz.,
- Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), Guntur
- IIIT, Nuzivid and
- IIIT, RK Valley, Pulivendula
- Given below are the working areas of the individual institutes under DIC:
|Hub – JNTUK||Development of Cutting tools|
|ANU, Guntur||Biodegradable polymers|
|IIIT, RK Valley||Bio-mass Gas stoves|
- Advanced fabrication lab and Product design lab are being established under this project. Besides the manufacture of certain products as approved by MHRD, the project also looks after the innovations taking place at the constituent colleges of the university.